May 1989 – vol. 82, issue 5, pp 237–238 The sixth puzzle picture (Brit. Birds 81: plate 18) was clearly far too easy: 98% of entrants correctly identified it as a Pied-billed Grebe Podilymbus podiceps, the remaining 2% all misnaming it as Little Grebe Tachybaptus ruficollis. T h e seventh photograph (Brit. Birds 8 1 : plate 56) created a greater problem, with competitors naming 12 species (although the majority again got ... This article is only available to subscribed users.To read more, please log in or purchase a subscription.