Founded in the 1930s by W. B. Alexander, Director of the Oxford Bird Census, and moved from its original home at 91 Banbury Road to Oxford’s Edward Grey Institute of Field Ornithology when David Lack became Director in 1945, the Alexander Library grew to become renowned as the most comprehensive library devoted to birds and ornithology in the UK. Based initially on Alexander’s own extensive co

...

Stay at the forefront of British birding by taking out a subscription to British Birds.

Subscribe Now