News and comment

01 September 1996
Comments News and comment Perhaps as much as 40% of all British reedbeds has been lost in the last 50 years, and the quality of the remaining 60% has declined dramatically. One clear result of this is the Great Bittern Botaurus stellaris population declining to a mere 20 b...
Read More

Stay at the forefront of British birding by taking out a subscription to British Birds.

Subscribe Now